What Is a Tier 1 data center?
Tier 1 data center requirements are generally utilized by small businesses and feature:
- 99.671% Uptime
- no redundancy
- 28.8 Hours of downtime per year.
What Is a Tier 2 Data Center?
The benefits of a Tier 2 facility include:
- 99.749% Uptime
- Partial redundancy in power and cooling
- Experience 22 hours of downtime per year
What Is a Tier 3 Data Center?
Tier 3 data center specifications are utilized by larger businesses and feature:
- 99.982% uptime (Tier 3 uptime)
- No more than 1.6 hours of downtime per year
- N+1 fault tolerant providing at least 72 hour power outage protection